rthakral is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Exclamation how to get active status to show up on one form from another?

Good afternoon,

I have a form that has a field that says "project status" it is a drop down field. In that field are four options one can select from. Of those selections, you can choose from: "Active", "Canceled", "Complete", and "Not Started" - This field appears on more than one form screen (2)

I.E. "Project Status" field is on the "Committee" Screen as well as the "Denovo" Screen, If I am creating a record for a branch named "Pittsburgh" (that is the identifier per record, it's branch name) "Pittsburgh" is "Active", I select "Active" on the "Committee" Screen, when I type in Pittsburgh under branch name on the "Denovo" Screen, how do I get the "Project Status" Field on that screen to auto - populate with "Active"

Does that make sense? Please advise, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

-rt

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by rthakral View Post
    ...how do I get the "Project Status" Field on that screen to auto - populate with "Active"

-rt
    When you edit the values within field you are updating tables. You seem to be approaching it as though you want to update a form. The form is an interface to the tables. Comboboxes on forms can update a record in a table. That single record can be viewed from multiple forms as long as the record is in the form's recordsource.

Consider the structure of your tables and the form's recordsource. You can use the .Requery method to have your form visit the table and look for changes/new records.

Me.Requery

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.