wes228 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

How to get a list of who hasn't responded to an e-mail form?

I'm using Microsoft Access 2010 (and Outlook 2010). I sent out a form to collect data about a month ago. Is there any way to pull up a list of everyone who hasn't responded yet? I'm not seeing anything in the "Manage Replies" window.

Thank you!

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Can you be more specific. Did you write some code to harvest information from returned emails? Were the emails responded to with a recognizable string in either the subject or body of the email? Did you somehow publish a form out of access and send that as an attachment or something?

wes228 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I sent an e-mail form using the "Create E-mail" on the External Data tab in Access. I went through the wizard and sent out a form to a list of about 70 people, with fields for them to update contact information that would then automatically update our contacts table in the database. I can physically go through the e-mails in Outlook and check off one by one who replied and compare it against the list of people I sent it to, but certainly there must be a way to just pull up a list of people who didn't respond?

There is a "re-send e-mail" button when I click "Manage Replies" but I don't want to re-send the e-mail to the entire list, only those who haven't responded.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I haven't used that functionality before but if your list of people you sent the email to is stored you should be able to compare that list with returned emails as long as there's something in the subject or body of the email to tell you if you got a reply. You might also be able to do it if the replies also all have the same attachment name.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by wes228 View Post
    ...but certainly there must be a way to just pull up a list of people who didn't respond?...
    I am not aware of any way. I have not looked into the 'Manage Replies' thing though. Pretty sure that is just to send canned messages like, "Out of Office", etc. I would approach it by implementing a table to log emails sent. With that, I would use VBA to check the Inbox and update the respective records in my table, matching those that got a response.

It is like rpeare mentioned. Create an audit trail that you can later review. The more profound the audit trail the easier it will be for Access to audit and then UPDATE tables.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.