Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tinyappz is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Problem about Multiple Data retrieve to a form from a table.

Problem about Multiple Data retrieve to a form from a table. look at the image attachedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	database form.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	14939
    There is a table called products from that i wanna get data when i select the drop down arrow as in the attached image, when selecting a PRO_Code in drop down there are products as RSK60, RSK41 etc you can see. when selecting the products other Fields(Pro_Description) will fill automatically .
    Question is when we select the second product and change the value to as example RSK41, first product also change to RSK41 instead of RSK60. What i have done is in combo box properties , Data then Control source as PRO_Code from the table. There is an image also for each product as you can see.Here i have attched the databse that used to retrieve data to form.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	product master.jpg 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	14940
    how to avoid this waiting for expert opinions .

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The ControlSource is wrong. What table is the form bound to (Product Details)? What field in that table should the PRO_CODE be saved in? Bind combobox to that field.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thank you for the reply.
    Table from bound to PRODUCT MASTER
    Yes that is saved in PRO-Code , also we have bind that see the image.
    This is done by Access 2003

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	procode.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	273.8 KB 
ID:	14944

Name:	tranaction quary.png 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	14943

added the DB file here

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    The ControlSource is wrong. What table is the form bound to (Product Details)? What field in that table should the PRO_CODE be saved in? Bind combobox to that field.
    Last edited by tinyappz; 01-04-2014 at 03:07 AM. Reason: adding more contents

June7 is online now VIP
    Ooops, the form design is wrong. You have 3 sets of controls all bound to the same fields. Of course they will all show the same info, they are all editing the same record. Remove the 2 duplicate 'rows' of controls.

Show your table structure, not the queries.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Ooops, the form design is wrong. You have 3 sets of controls all bound to the same fields. Of course they will all show the same info, they are all editing the same record. Remove the 2 duplicate 'rows' of controls.

Remove the 2 duplicate 'rows' of controls.

Since i am Novice Above 2 things not clear for me , really appreciate explanation further .

June7 is online now VIP
    You have 3 rows of controls on the form: PRO_CODE PRO_DESCRIPTION GARMENT etc

Delete 2 of them.

The posted image shows a list of queries in your db. An image of table structures would be more useful. I just noticed the link for database but I can't open rar files. Windows Compression zip only.

I think there is misunderstanding ,
    Here is what this MS access for ,
    Main thing is to print a invoice as attached here ..
    6 products(RSK 61, RSK 45 etc) needs to print in 1A pager. there are separate forms for adding products , adding customers, Order transaction form for generating invoice . in order transaction form we need to add up to 6 product at the moment we have place 3 as you can see in above posts.
    So we can't remove duplicate rows , as i think .
    Really appreciate your response .

Here is the table structures

Name:	table structures.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	14947

and access zip file here.

June7 is online now VIP
    You have to remove the duplicate rows because they won't do what you want. As I said, all three rows show the SAME RECORD. PRO_CODE and CUS_CODE textboxes should be bound to the fields from TRANSACTION_TAB.

If you want to use this form for data entry, the query join types cannot be INNER. Click on the lines linking tables and change the join to: "Include all records from Transaction_Tab and only those from ..."

Change the form to Continuous View.

Forms are intended for data entry/edit and screen display. Reports are best for printing.

after remove 2 rows how to add products up 6 to the form for making an invoice ?

June7 is online now VIP
    Click the intrinsic 'new record' button at bottom of form or create a custom button to move to new record.

Or change the form to Continuous view to see multiple records at once, like a datasheet.

Add as many records as you want.

how can i add up to 6 products to under one invoice ? invoice should generate up to 6 products per 1 invoice no..i have change setting as mentioned above.

June7 is online now VIP
    Probably should have two tables.

tblInvoices
    InvoiceNum (primary key)
    InvoiceDate
    CustomerID

tblInvoiceDetails
    InvoiceNum (foreign key)
    ProductID
    Quantity
    Size
    Price

Use form/subform arrangement for data entry. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010098674.aspx

I have done as you mentioned above. and made tblInvoiceDetails as sub and as main tblInvoices, but there is small problem of adding product and moving to next record, when moving to next record sub forms not clear the previous data we entered. what we can do for that.

June7 is online now VIP
    Did you actually bind the forms to the tables? Did you set the subform container control Master/Child links properties?

How are you moving to next record?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.