chriscardwell06 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Custom Button in Ribbon

I have a database that has the navigation panel turned off. Sometimes a user can exit a form or report and it leaves them on the blank access screen. What I wanted to do was make a button to add to the ribbon that would take them back to the main screen that loads when they enter the database. Can anyone give me some help on how to do this? I have never messed with the ribbon before so I don't have a clue where to begin.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Custom ribbons are no easy task. You can google Custom Ribbons XML to get a taste.

One approach may be to implement a form that acts as a navigation menu. I often start with a simple, unbound form. I will place control buttons on it to open various forms and another button to close the DB. I disable the close button on this form.

chriscardwell06 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I have one that pops up in the beginning. But there are a few reports that are pop up reports and it was requested that I give them a close page button if they needed to get to a form that was open behind it. All is well and good if they remember to have one open or hit the home button on the report if there is no form open in the background. But they don't always do that so then it is the whole close and open again thing.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I have not played around with it too much but there is an option to open a report in a view that is not print preview. not remembering what it is called right now but let's call it form view. You could place some buttons on the report and use the form view option. This will give the user the ability to view the report and still use your VBA to close, navigate, print, etc.

Another option may be to open the report within a form. Depends on how much real estate you have.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.