fazerboy is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Is this Possible....

Hi Guys ....wonder if you could help.... im trying to set up a database using Access 2010... the information will contain contact information for young people that we train .....

i have already set up a table for the contacts which is fine but i would like to set up a second table with a placement list so that when a new trainee comes onto the system i can go to the form view and have a drop down showing the different placements from the placement table....

i tried to do this using a combo box but the placements still remain the same if i view another entry..... maybe im doing something wrong here ?

hope this makes sense.....

any help is appreciated... thanks in advance

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    what you want is

1. A table with your assets (the young people)
    2. A table with your placements (businesses? organizations?)
    3. A junction table that stores the PK of the assets and the PK of the placement

In other words you want the ability to place multiple assets at multiple placements and a junction table is the only good way to do that, but this would also allow you to place the same asset at more than one placement.

Dal Jeanis is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Go over and do the database design tutorial at http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/topic238.html. I guarantee you that a couple hours now will save you dozens of hours of headbanging later.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.