emilinkinpark is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Monthly deduction

Can anyone please help me. I'm making a salary sheet for my company but there should be a system for deducting monthly loan of employees.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Can you step back and give us the "big picture" description, in plain English? Keep it simple until readers get some appreciation of your situation.
    We only know what you tell us -- so give us an overview of the business.

Here's a sample of the level of detail readers will understand.

From Rogers Library

ZYX Laboratories requires an employee tracking database. They want to track information about employees, the employee's job history, and their certifications. Employee information includes first name, middle initial, last name, social security number, address, city, state, zip, home phone, cell phone, email address. Job history would include job title, job description, pay grade, pay range, salary, and date of promotion. For certifications, they want certification type and date achieved.
    An employee can have multiple jobs over time, (ie, Analyst, Sr. Analyst, QA Administrator). Employees can also earn certifications necessary for their job.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by 'salary sheet'? As orange said, we need more information.

What you want will be a rather complex feature and can be handled several ways. The more automation desired, the more code required.

Have you considered OTS software like QuickBooks for an accounting/payroll application?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

emilinkinpark is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Glory Art Press requires a database to find out it's employees monthly salary and also have an employee information database. The Employee information table has first name, last name, department, date of birth, basic salary, attachment, national id no, birth certificate no, father's name, mother's name ,educational qualifications. And the salary table contains monthly working hours, absent hours, tiffin bonus, mess expense, current salary advance, salary advance, provident fund. So, now I'm stuck in deducting the salary advance from the basic salary. For example: x has taken a $5000 salary advance and now wants to pay up by deducting $500 each month from his basic salary. So, can you guys please help me.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Is this a real business issue or is it some sort of assignment? I ask because if you are with a company who has employees who are paid regularly; and who can get advances with various repayment options, as well as varied deductions, then you should already have some automation or, as june7 said - consider an OTS commercial product.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.