wnicole is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

date range instead list of dates

I have list of expenses. I'm running a report to show total number of hours per workers. The report is giving me each date and sum at bottom.
    What I need is to see total of hours however, just the date range that worker worked on a particular project.

Ex:
    Name Project Date Range Total Hrs

Date Range is based on the dates already entered in database for each expense.

Can you help me? Currently my query is pulling report by project number and I wish to see each person that worked on project total hours by Date Range.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Its a multi step process. Query1 is a standard select query where you enter your date range criteria (probably called from a form's text boxes) i.e. >= #1/1/2013# and <= #12/31/2013#

This results in a stack of rows. Then you make Query2 using Query1 as the table, don't include the date field, make the query an Aggregate Query that will group by the text fields and sum the hours field.

This should give the raw results you need - the final part then is presenting in a report and include the date range.

wnicole is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't knw if u understood :-) this is one "date of job" field so there is no range. In the report I'm hoping to create a "start and end " range based on that one date field to show how long person worked on given project.

I think I found a solution. In the query I add date field twice. On one i chose "first" in the other I chose "last"
    When I pull up query it seemed to work. But I notice on some line items last is first. Not sure why? Any ideas?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.