Ruegen is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Can't get one date result - trying this code

I have a form which opens a report and displays all schools that have a date field filled with dates between dates on unbound text boxes on a form.

I also have a dcount which should pull the same results as the report and count them

=DCount("NewSchoolsID","tblSchools",Not IsNull([CatalogueLabelPrinted]) And "CatalogueLabelPrinted >= #" & [BeforeDate] & "# and <= #" & [AfterDate] & "#")

I tried "between" but that didn't work for dates between current/picked same date and current/picked same date

I get 0 instead of the count that the report has made so I tried >= but I get too many results.

The idea is that the field has to be not null and within the date period on the form. Any suggestions?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Try:

=DCount("NewSchoolsID", "tblSchools", "Not IsNull([CatalogueLabelPrinted]) And CatalogueLabelPrinted Between #" & [BeforeDate] & "# And #" & [AfterDate] & "#")

or

=DCount("NewSchoolsID", "tblSchools", "Not IsNull([CatalogueLabelPrinted]) And CatalogueLabelPrinted >=" & [BeforeDate] & "# And CatalogueLabelPrinted <= #" & [AfterDate] & "#")
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Try:

=DCount("NewSchoolsID", "tblSchools", "Not IsNull([CatalogueLabelPrinted]) And CatalogueLabelPrinted Between #" & [BeforeDate] & "# And #" & [AfterDate] & "#")

or

=DCount("NewSchoolsID", "tblSchools", "Not IsNull([CatalogueLabelPrinted]) And CatalogueLabelPrinted >=" & [BeforeDate] & "# And CatalogueLabelPrinted <= #" & [AfterDate] & "#")
    I used
    Code:
    =DCount("NewSchoolsID","tblSchools","Not IsNull([CatalogueLabelPrinted]) And CatalogueLabelPrinted >=#" & [BeforeDate] & "# And CatalogueLabelPrinted <= #" & [AfterDate] & "#")
    However I get 0

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Attachment 14305

how the report works

amrut is offline Expert
    Does this works ?
    Code:
    =DCount("NewSchoolsID","tblSchools","Not IsNull([CatalogueLabelPrinted]) And CatalogueLabelPrinted >=#" & Format([BeforeDate],"mm\/dd\/yyyy") & "# And CatalogueLabelPrinted <= #" & Format([AfterDate],"mm\/dd\/yyyy") & "#")

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by amrut View Post
    Does this works ?
    Code:
    =DCount("NewSchoolsID","tblSchools","Not IsNull([CatalogueLabelPrinted]) And CatalogueLabelPrinted >=#" & Format([BeforeDate],"mm\/dd\/yyyy") & "# And CatalogueLabelPrinted <= #" & Format([AfterDate],"mm\/dd\/yyyy") & "#")
    I'm not sure why and how formatting the date fields would work, can you explain why? I'll give it a go either way.

amrut is offline Expert
    I am always used to follow dd/mm/yyyy format. While working on my first database, in case of VBA for forms and expressions in text boxes , the aggregate functions returned wrong results. Formatting them in the way shown, yielded correct results.
    Quote from http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html. :
    Regardless or your regional settings, Access expects these literal dates to be in the American format, e.g. #12/31/1999#.

June7 is offline VIP
    I get 'invalid attachment' error on your attachment link.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

lfpm062010 is offline Competent Performer
    Is the field [CatalogueLabelPrinted] contains date and time?

If you have time stamp then looking for [BeforeDate] and [AfterDate] with the same value will not return any result. For example: [BeforeDate] and [AfterDate] both equal #10/01/2013# 'MM/DD/YYYY
    To get result with time stamp then you have to use [BeforeDate] = #10/01/2013 00:00:00# and [AfterDate] = #10/01/2013 23:59:59#.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by amrut View Post
    I am always used to follow dd/mm/yyyy format. While working on my first database, in case of VBA for forms and expressions in text boxes , the aggregate functions returned wrong results. Formatting them in the way shown, yielded correct results.
    Quote from http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html. :
    Regardless or your regional settings, Access expects these literal dates to be in the American format, e.g. #12/31/1999#.
    Interesting. That fixed the problem! will have to be aware of that in the future!!

Thank you all for the help!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.