Bvincey2002 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

New Form

I would like to start tracking cancelations of orders and I want to create a data entry form to help me with this. I created a new table that I want the form to populate. I am using auto generated numbers to individualize the canceled orders. Since some of my cancelations can be long and time consuming I would like to create a sub form with Product ID,Product Name, Quantity and unit Price. I want the subform to auto populate some sections, like if I was to key in the product ID it would auto populate the Product name. Then have all the information added to the new table. I am unsure of the best way to start with this. Step by Step would be most appreciated.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Bvincey2002 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    It sounds like it but I do not understand the process very well, and I do not understand the terminology very well. So I have my main form based off of the table I want to add the data "Canceled items table". The fields within that table are "Return/Cancled ID" "Cancel Date" "Type"(Cancelation, Return, Red.Qty) "Cust ID" "Company" "PO#" "Product ID" "Product Name" "Quantity" "Unit Price" and "Comment". (The Cust ID Company Product Id Product name and unit price are also stored in other tables). In my form I have a text box for the return canceled ID, Return/ cancled date, type, Cust ID and Company. I want my subform to have the following fields( PO#, Product ID, Product Name, unit Price, Quantity, and Comments). I want to be able to type in the Product ID and have the Product name and unit Price auto fill. Then store that information in the Canceld items table. I am new to Access and have not had much trainning with the program.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.