HankB is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

How can forms created in Access 2007 be made to use themes in Access 2010?

Has anyone found a way to make forms created in Access 2007 use office themes in Access 2010. I've had no luck looking for this answer on the web. This forum includes this old question which has not been answered. Perhaps the answer is just no; not what I want to hear.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    That thread was answered. The poster was advised to test themes by creating a new form in the same db in Access 2010. If it allows themes then the issue is with forms created by Access 2007. Poster never responded to that suggestion.

All I can find indicates forms created in earlier versions of Access cannot have themes applied in Access 2010. Rebuilding the form may be the only option. Copy/paste controls.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...c-68b599b31bf5

I've never used themes.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

HankB is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Post Multirow tabs with Themes NG; Here is a program to duplicate a form!

It is clear from the web that Access 2010 cannot apply themes to a Multirow tab on a form!
    Before I learned this I created a VBA Program to duplicate my form from Access 2007 in Access 2010. But I had to declare the properties of the Tab control Multirow=true and UseThemes=false to get what I wanted, but without themes. The program has some utility and is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HankB; 10-31-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: To get the attachment actually attached.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Seems that it simply is not possible to have Themes = Yes on multi row tab controls in 2010.

I believe the alternative that is offered within Access is the "Navigation" control. This control appears to be better suited for a web interface. I tried playing around with the navigation control for about 45 minutes before I decided to create my own. I created a form and control template as well as a custom navigation template. It took me about 4 days.

My personal custom navigation template uses code similar to that of the old school switchboard. The look is similar to that of the Navigation Control. I like my template better because it does not flash and flicker when selecting the different controls. I still do not use themes. I assign colors using VBA. I can still use effects in the various control's properties though. The various controls manage various subform containers and their respective recordsource. I can add as many layers/levels of controls as I wish and it looks like a nice website.

Aside from my Navigation template, I have a form that has a distinct name. I have this as my "new form" template. Every time I create a new form it looks like the template. All of the properties - size, footer, colors, etc are created so it will fit within my Navigation Template's subform container. On this form template I have all the various control types. Each control has its properties predetermined and then I assign each control as "Default Control" in the Ribbon's settings for Controls. After this form is saved, I make sure I do not edit it and place a copy in the DB I am currently working on. In this DB I assign this form's name as the "Object Designers' Form Template". You can also assign a "Report Template".

But that's just me.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.