Ruegen is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Runtime Print Preview Toolbar on reports

I am using Access Runtime for the database for the staff however some reports have print options at the top of report previews and some don't and I can't figure out why....

All the buttons and properties seem to be the same as the ones that are working.

Something hidden?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I have not played around with runtime for the newer versions of Access yet but...

Do any of the clients have a full version of Access installed. Or maybe, a different version? RT 2007 vs RT 2010.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    I have not played around with runtime for the newer versions of Access yet but...

Do any of the clients have a full version of Access installed. Or maybe, a different version? RT 2007 vs RT 2010.
    Clients are all runtime. I use popup and that cancels any option for print options - if I don't make it popup then the print preview of the report loads in behind the current focus form. I am hoping to have the same affect as the popup but without using that preference.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I might have a chance to look at it tomorrow. I finally got some machines set up with Runtime, etc.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    I might have a chance to look at it tomorrow. I finally got some machines set up with Runtime, etc.
    Any luck? I have removed popup from all my reports so that the print options show however nothing moves to the front of the user. They're having to minimize forms in order to get to the reports behind.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I have not had a chance yet but I will. I spent the last four hours convincing myself that the Navigation Control in Access 2010 is useless for Client computers. Now I have embarked on a journey of creating my own Nav Menu template. After I get tired of converting Accent this and System Color that, to a number value VBA can recognize I will take a look.

It sounds like you are looking for a custom ribbon that can communicate to your report print preview while in runtime mode.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    I have not had a chance yet but I will. I spent the last four hours convincing myself that the Navigation Control in Access 2010 is useless for Client computers. Now I have embarked on a journey of creating my own Nav Menu template. After I get tired of converting Accent this and System Color that, to a number value VBA can recognize I will take a look.

It sounds like you are looking for a custom ribbon that can communicate to your report print preview while in runtime mode.
    I thought maybe it was custom ribbon too but I am not sure if popup will allow you to see that anyway...?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Pop Up form types should not matter. Modal is the one you need to be careful with.

So, good and bad news. Custom Ribbons seems to be a long drawn out process which includes extensible markup language and a table to keep track of your Ribbons. The good news is, it is relatively simple to import custom menus, toolbars, and pop up menus (Shortcut Menu) and have them function in a RunTime environment.

Here are some examples you can import into your accdb
    CustomMenu.zip

You can create them in Access 2003, assign them to a form, then import the form to your accdb file. Just be sure to set the appropriate advanced options when you select the form in the import window.

I tested a couple of the menu items but not all. Once they are in your accdb file, assign the ones you want to the appropriate form or report using the properties. The shortcut one should work great for your report. There are three types, Toolbar Menu Bar and Shortcut for the mouse's right click menu.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.