sariv is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Button in a report to look up values from one column

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to access and have been more or less teaching myself as I go through the help section and searching the internet. So forgive me if this is a basic question or something that should be intuitive, as I am unable to figure it out.

I am working on a database where im relating 3 types of documents (call them x,y,z) to different SKU's. I have a report set up to have the user input an SKU to search, and it will return the document numbers for each doc x,y, and z as well as a couple of selected columns containing relevant information from each document. One of these columns is labels, identified by their "spec number". The labels are also stored in their own table which also details their size, description and type. However there are multiple spec numbers associated with each document x, so when i try to include the label size and type into the report, i get duplicate rows of all the other information included on the report for each SKU because it has to go through each label spec number and list its details.

What I am looking to do is put a button on the report called "view labels" which will lookup the spec numbers listed in this report, and detail their size and type in a new window. I was thinking of having the button generate another report based on the values listed in the spec number column, or maybe theres a way I could do this with a macro, or even virtual basic (which I have no experience with).

If you guys have any other ideas, im all ears, I'm just not exactly sure how to go about implementing this idea.

Thanks for your help!

sariv is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    anything will help. thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.