Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

UPDATE Query Too Few Parameters

Hi Everyone,

I've seen a few posts on this topic but all of them had some other error that I could spot. This one is still baffling me. I have a table in my Access dBase that puts out a report which gets exported to Excel because that's how my supervisor likes to deal with it. She then makes a series of final edits and wants to be able to simply hit a button and have the table in Access updated with the edits made in Excel. I've got most of this coded alright. Where I'm train-wrecking is the UPDATE query. Every time I run it I get Run-time error '3061' Too few parameters. Expected 12. The code is below:
    Code:
    strSQL = "UPDATE IssLog SET IssLog.IssAddDate = [IssLogUpdate].[IssDateAdd], IssLog.IssSum = [IssLogUpdate].[IssSum]," & _
                 " IssLog.IssTyp = [IssLogUpdate].[IssTyp], IssLog.IssDetails = [IssLogUpdate].[IssDetails]," & _
                 " IssLog.FUpDate = [IssLogUpdate].[FUpDate], IssLog.SecNotes = [IssLogUpdate].[SecNotes]," & _
                 " IssLog.SMNotes = [IssLogUpdate].[SMNotes], IssLog.DSPQ = [IssLogUpdate].[DSPQ]," & _
                 " IssLog.lAction = [IssLogUpdate].[lAction], IssLog.lNotes = [IssLogUpdate].[lNotes]," & _
                 " IssLog.meetDis = [IssLogUpdate].[meetDis]" & _
                 " WHERE ((IssLog.ID=IssLogUpdate.ID));"

CurrentDb.Execute(strSQL)
    Unlike others with this problem, I'm not trying to use any variables based on Form controls. I just want to apply the updates to records where ID numbers match. I have a very similar update query as part of my general dBase record updating protocol and I execute it every morning without fail. I have no idea why this isn't working. If someone could help me spot the problem i would be most appreciative.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Quick update:

I modified my SQL statement lightly. Now I get the same error except that Access tells me I am missing 1 parameter instead of 12. I guess that's an improvement. The updated code is below:

Code:
    strSQL = "UPDATE IssLogUpdate INNER JOIN IssLog ON IssLogUpdate.ID = IssLog.ID" & _
                 " SET IssLog.IssAddDate = [IssLogUpdate].[IssDateAdd], IssLog.IssSum = [IssLogUpdate].[IssSum]," & _
                 " IssLog.IssTyp = [IssLogUpdate].[IssTyp], IssLog.IssDetails = [IssLogUpdate].[IssDetails]," & _
                 " IssLog.FUpDate = [IssLogUpdate].[FUpDate], IssLog.SecNotes = [IssLogUpdate].[SecNotes]," & _
                 " IssLog.SMNotes = [IssLogUpdate].[SMNotes], IssLog.DSPQ = [IssLogUpdate].[DSPQ]," & _
                 " IssLog.lAction = [IssLogUpdate].[lAction], IssLog.lNotes = [IssLogUpdate].[lNotes]," & _
                 " IssLog.meetDis = [IssLogUpdate].[meetDis]" & _
                 " WHERE ((IssLog.ID=IssLogUpdate.ID));"

Debug.Print strSQL
        CurrentDb.Execute (strSQL)
        MsgBox "Update query on Issues Log executed", vbInformation, "Issue Log Updated"
    It seems that Access wants me to provide some ID numbers. I don't understand this as the purpose of this query is to match records via the ID number. I'm really beating my head against a wall on this one.

Well now I feel like an idiot. One field was slightly misspelled and getting that straight cleared things right up. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.