Singapore Sam is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Exporting and Updating exported data

Hi guys a newby here so be gentle. I am trying to work out how to export data that has two bits of info. A serial number and a status. This I have done with an update query but I now need to put the data bsomewhere then update it every day with the same query. Some of the serial numbers will be the same every day and some will be different. Where and how can I do this. For example serial no 1 is not used today and the same for serial number 2. But tomorrow serial number 1 is used but 2 isn't therefore the list after two days will only include serial number 2 as number 1 being used will remove it from the updated query information. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my head now hurts having had this problem for 2 days now.

NTC is offline VIP
    well you export by using the export feature.....found under 'File' up in the menu bar.

you can export tables & queries

your post isn't real clear - but from the sounds of it you make a query that results in the serial number you want - and then trigger the export of that query result.....

Singapore Sam is offline Novice
    Yes correct but I want the data to then update each day when I send it but i want to discard serial nos that has been issued and just record the unused serial nos.and update to build an excel spreadsheet of not used serial nos for the last 7 days

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.