We have a dB I created to manage our driver training program - I am a drivers ed teacher (pray for me). On one form we track our behind the wheel information. The record source of the form is a query. I have created a combo box to input the VIN numbers of our training cars by selecting the license plate number (LPN). It's two column look-up SQL, binding column 1 (the VIN) by looking up LPN in unbound column 2.

All of a sudden it's not working. The data in column 2 just doesn't appear. The underlying info is still there on older data. The rows in the drop down box of the LPN are blank. However, it appears the data is still "ghosting" there and selecting where a blank LPN would be still inputs a VIN. Don't know what VIN, because I don't know what LPN I click. If you try entering a LPN, the "Limit to List" property doesn't allow it's entry, eventhough all the LPNs appear when you run the underlying SQL query.

I have tried many fixes and can't find the source of the problem. For some reason the combo box is just not displaying the LPNs. I have similar combo box on another form that is doing the same thing.

The combo box is Row Source is the following SQL:

SELECT tblVehicles.VIN, tblVehicles.LicensePlateNbr, * FROM tblVehicles;

If someone could give me some ideas I would be grateful.