m0aje is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Command button to view PDF, excel file, or jpeg from object within database table

Greetings all,

I have created a database for a church cemetery. It contains the usual names, birthrates deaths, etc.... I have also created a map of the cemetery in PDF format with the lot number highlighted which is assigned to a particular record. I did the same in excel with a layout of the lot and a JPEG picture of the grave marker. In my table I created Three columns - Site Plan, Lot Plan, and Grave marker. I insert the specific site plan, lot plan, and jpeg picture using the "insert object" in the table. On my form after a search, I have created three buttons.. Site Plan, Lot Plan & Grave Marker.
    I have looked and experimented trying to assign these command buttons to open these files on the form. I don't have any experience with macros or VB code. Most of what I have done is through simple queries and trial and error, Access forums, and dumb luck.
    Any help would be most grateful on how to assign these buttons to my table. Be it macro or whatever.

Thanks very much.

m0aje

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

m0aje is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Command Button

Thanks June7. I see where it shows me how to put an image on a button, but so far I cannot find where it tells me how to "link" the button to the image/PDF, etc.. that I have inserted into the table. Unless I missed it, tt seems to suggest it needs to be done using code, which I am not familiar enough with. I will keep looking though. Thanks for your help!

//m0aje//

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Access versions before 2007 require VBA code for dynamic display of images. That is the best article I've ever encountered on the issue.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

m0aje is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Thanks June7. I was afraid of that, as I don't know VBA code. Anyway, I appreciate your help and for supplying me a reference to go to.. I'll keep playing with it.

Best regards,

//m0aje//

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Access versions before 2007 require VBA code for dynamic display of images. That is the best article I've ever encountered on the issue.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.