mpaulbattle is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

ID link

If I am starting with a blank template, how do I get the ID field to have the link to the issue? When I start typing my issue the ID does not have the link, it is just black. I have researched this for hours and I cannot find it. I would use the Issues template but some of the fields I don't need.

offie is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Do you mean that you have an ID field and an Issue field in the same table or query, and you want to search by ID so that the issue shows up?
    Google Access Search Form, you'll get a lot of videos and websites for that.

mpaulbattle is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by offie View Post
    Do you mean that you have an ID field and an Issue field in the same table or query, and you want to search by ID so that the issue shows up?
    Google Access Search Form, you'll get a lot of videos and websites for that.
    Yes. The best way I can explain it is, I downloaded the Issues template and in the Issue field I added the issues. The ID was a link and I was able to add Notes and Description under the Issues Detail. New to Access, trying to figure it out per my manager for a project.

offie is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Please give an example of what data you have (and where) and what you want to do with it. I took a look at the template and it pretty much does everything for you... Did you add a table and now want to add that information to the main form? Look for some simple introductions to Access, if you're asking what I think you're asking this is pretty simple stuff, there are only 4 tables and 5 queries, that you can learn pretty quickly.

I don't see Issues Deatial anywhere. You added issues to the issues *table*? You are not giving any details

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.