MillerRL143 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Unhappy Using Labels in Reports in Access 2013 and 2010

Access 2013 only shows an old label database of various companies. However, I have noticed that Word 2013 has a much more up to date label database than Access 2013. I am working with a report using very simple editing and tried to create an Avery 8395 name badge label (since no new label information is contained in Access. I am having a problem since there is nowhere I can enter the "rows", but I can enter the columns! Can anyone tell me how to get Access to recognize the same label database information that is contained in Word 2013. It is just another internal database (that is just a guess but it makes sense to me). Any help would be appreciated. I have noticed this on previous versions of Access but never thought to go to a forum to look for advice.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    All the label wizard does is create a columnated report. You can create the report manually for whatever dimensions you want. That's how I built mine. I seldom use any of the design wizards. You can create a report based on one of the wizard templates close to what you want then just edit the report until it looks right.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MillerRL143 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    June7, I did use the report view to design my output but if I understand what you are getting at I need to design the whole 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of labels in that report. I could see no way in the label designer to tell it how many rows of labels went on a sheet. Let me know if I am understanding what you are suggesting I do. I appreciate the help but it surely would be great if MS used the same label information that is so good in Word! I only used the custom label design to depict what an Avery 8395 Name Tag label sheet looked like but I was puzzled when I had no way to tell it how many rows were on that sheet. I only had three people set up in my query to print labels for. I would get one sheet with the first two people and the second sheet with the third person. Had me puzzled as I did have it sort of working. LOL

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Again, it's just a report.

The wizard is a shortcut aid for setting number of columns, margins, paper size, detail section height - but the same result can be achieved manually.

Create a label report (say, any 1x2 label template or whatever is closest to the dimensions of style 8395) with the wizard then look at in Design view. Look at the report properties. The result is just a columnated report. 3 labels across just means 3 columns. The report will print as many labels down as will fit on the selected paper size for the margins set.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.