Fields - No Data

Hello,

I am having trouble bounding form fields that I have created to show data.

In summary:

I created a Form with a bound table that will enable me to scroll thru records. When a record comes up I want to be able to use a combo box to bring up the applicable correponding information based on the record and combo box option chosen. Upon choosing which option I would like from the combo box I would like the default data to come up in the empty fields that correspond to the option I chose in the drop down box. I would also like to input data on empty fields and save the whole record.

Is this feasible?

Thx

PE

BCJourney is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    This is doable. You have a few things going on here; 1. you want to create a combo box 2. return records based on the combo box in a form and 3. allow data entry in the form that saves to a table.
    Your form should be based on the table you want to save data to. your combo box would most likely be unbound because that is selection criteria, but not being saved to a table. The controls that are being used to capture and save data to the table should be bound. To do this click on the control, select properties, and click on the data tab. The control source is where you specify where you want data to be saved.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.