Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jordancemery65 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2010 64bit
    WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! OMW, IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING NOW!!!! I think I am all set!!!! HAHAH!! I think when i did the compact and repair thing it did something to it!! Its working!!!

The form is showing up... I changed the design of how i wanted everything set up... I was wondering when a "patient" visit how am I able to quickly go in under that patients name and add a visit. I figured out how to add the visit down below in the form, but i am looking for an easy way to just type in the campers name at the top of the form, and just make the new visit... sorry if this is confusing...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Here is one method to locate an existing record on the main form: http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...tomfilter.html

Other methods don't use parameterized query but use more VBA code to set Filter property of form or to move to record.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I tried doing this, but it is not populating all of the fields in the form I was hoping that i could just click on the patient and everything in the "demographics" would update... And then, all i would have to do is enter a new visit summary....

June7 is online now VIP
    If the controls on form are bound to fields of form RecordSource, then any data in those fields will display for the record that has focus. If you want to provide db with your attempted setup, will analyse. Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Here is my attempt... Something is not right though because when i click on the demographics form (the one i created as the subform) it now runs the query, but it asks you the name) his, in the video did not do that...
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    The form reference in query should be:

Like [forms]![Demographics]![myselector] & "*"

Then need code in the myselector AfterUpdate event:

Private Sub myselector_AfterUpdate()
    Me.Requery
    End Sub

Probably don't need the FORM AfterUpdate event code.

Thank you so much!!! IT WORKED!

I was just thinking about something with my DB... I have some campers who are only here certain years... for instance they are here this year but next year they might not come... Well next year when i run a query, I don't want all of the campers from previous years to show up.. For instance i dont need all the kids that came last year that had allergies, i just need the ones from this year. How would you handle this? I thought i could just make a simple yes/no column for 2013, 2014, 2015 and then select those kids under that year... And then running the query i would have to specify the year... Or is there a better way of doing this? What are your thoughts?

June7 is online now VIP
    Don't know your db so can't be specific. If you have a Registrations table, should be able to do a query that would exclude campers who are not registered in the current year. Yes/No columns not needed. Multiple yes/no columns for similar data is usually not appropriate. Do you care about campers' registration history? If you don't have a Registrations table then a single field to tag camper as Active should be sufficient. At beginning of camp session, run an update query that resets all to Inactive then go through and re-activate returnees.

Ok, i am not familiar with a "registrations table" i will do some research on that. I just have a generic table called camper ID.... and all of this is still in the process of getting set up... so its nowhere near done!! and i have until next summer to complete it... i am just working as i go basically...

June7 is online now VIP
    A registrations table would be a table you created to input info about camper enrollments, such as account number, date enrolled, enrollment plan, etc. If camper enrollment record keeping is outside the scope of what you need then ignore that thought.

Yeah, i would not need to track all of that information... that would be the office... and i dont really care about them (hahaha ) So i think it might just be easier to mark them as active in a yes/no field... and then at the beginning just go through and deactivate them all and reactivate the campers that come back....

msaleh is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Hello -

I have downloaded the zip file in this thread, but when I try to open the database I get an error message:
    Unrecognized database format...
    WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO TO OPEN IT CORRECTLY?
    I even tried to open other attachment databases from other threads and got the same error!!!!

June7 is online now VIP
    Did you extract the file from the zip before trying to open?

The db was probably created in Access 2010 64bit. Sometimes Access 2007 can read 2010 files, sometimes not. You would have to run the file with Access 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.