JeroenMioch is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2003

(bug) Chinese characters

Dear fellow programmers,

I noticed the corruption of two records (out of roughly 2500) in my database.
    The corruption looks like chinese characters.

I read up about these sort of problems but none of the repair fixes worked for me.

My question is this :

Does anyone know if these things will happen again, once occured ?
    Or is it just a freak occurrence, and probably never (or seldom) happen again ?

If it is a sign of my database falling apart, how would you go about preventing this ?

My database consists of thousants lines of code, im s***ing my pants to have to re-write or copy
    the whole database again..

Help !

TOMMY.MYERS668 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    couldnt tell you if this is the problem for sure but it might be a conflict with unicode or something like that-- windows used to have an old trick where you could open note pad and type " bush hid the truth" then save the file close it ans when you reopened it it would be corrupt and just show squares.. that has since been fixed with update but its the actual length of the words that cause it 4335 any words you would type that length would make it happen -- I would try to recreate that record the exact same way go out and come back in to see if it corrutps the new record-- if it does i would try to change one of the fields to something else to see if it fixes it-- granted thats wrong data but you could make a note for the specific field that is incorrect-- also you might me triggering an ascii code like alt 245 wich = ⌡ excep you getting the ones that produce things like ・」・、・ゥ・タ・タ
    ・ア・ウ・
    of which i dont know what the alt codes are but there in the character map. please keep in mind that those dont look exactly right because this post apparently doesnt support the full charachter map .

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.