Can you set a combo box to open links?

Hi guys,

As you may be aware from my other thread, im in the middle of building a database for the UK's biggest Millennium Project from 2000, "The Deep" submarium.

This database contains all the deaths, arrivals, movements and so forth... of the 1000's of fish that enter The Deep. The database is pretty much ready to go now baring the slight error I need adjusting in my other thread.

Ive been asked if it's possible if one of the fields, titled "PM" can open a drop-down box with a list of selections to word document links, corresponding with the relevant fish.

Can this be done?

Regards,

Chris.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows XP Access 2002
    Is it possible: probably. Is there a wizard for it: NO. Do you have a table that contains all of the Word Document links you need? Is it cross indexed for all of the fish? Lots of unanswered questions here.

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Is it possible: probably. Is there a wizard for it: NO. Do you have a table that contains all of the Word Document links you need? Is it cross indexed for all of the fish? Lots of unanswered questions here.
    At the moment ive got a table which I intend to add all the files to (if this is possible - although not sure how at the moment)

You make a good point about cross-indexing with the fish because perhaps ill need to add these files along the names of the fish in the fish table...?

I think if it is possible, i'll just add a couple of files to the database to get it working, then that'll probably be a job for the users of the database in the future because they'll be 1,000's to add otherwise.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.