apinshot is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Retrieve & Validate Data on 2nd Form based on Record Selected on 1st Form

Can I look up and verify data on a “second” form based on a selected record from first (still open) form.

I’m trying to allow users to select a User Name from a combo box list and then open a “Change Password” form when they select “Change Password” for that selected user name.

My problem is that I can’t figure out how to associate and verify the data tied to the user name selected on the previous (Login) form –( I’m trying to validate the old password tied to that selected record).

I have the first login form created, and it’s working just fine. I also have the change password form created (and it’s displaying the user name selected from the first form – using:

Code:
    Private Sub Form_Load()
     With Forms![frmLogin]![cboUserName]
       Me.txtPwdChgUserID = .Column(2, .ListIndex)
     End With
    End Sub
    I also have the code written to validate and confirm old password, new password and validate new password (when the save button is clicked). I have yet to update the password with the new password (still trying to figure that out).

Form screenshots:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChngPwd_Issue.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	13225

Any help would be appreciated. I can send more details if needed. Thank You!!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Bind second form to Users table and open filtered to single record. The Load code is not needed. Bind textbox to the user name field. If name parts are in separate fields (as they should be) then concatenate them with expression in ControlSource.

DoCmd.OpenForm "Change Password", , , "UserID=" & Me.comboboxname

Then code can reference fields from record to validate entry in the Old Password field and to record the new password into the record. Set the New and Confirm boxes as not visible or not enabled until the Old password is verified then turn them on.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.