nls0075 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

How to use VBA editor to create an automated inventory and check in/out for bookstore

I have to create an inventory sheet of college textbooks by title and ISBN that automatically deducts and adds the book into the system when the student checks it in or out. This must be linked to another sheet that shows a list of all the student names and their school ID #'s and what books they have checked out under their name. I know that there is a way to link the ISBN to Amazon to get the title information when the ISBN is scanned with a hand scanner, but I do not know how to do this either. I do not need pricing info, just the title so when I scan the ISBN, I know what book is being checked in or out without having to look up the number to see which books are still out. I know how to open the VBA editor (Access 2010) but I am not sure where to put the code if I had it. This is for Highschool kids taking college classes and our budget is limited so I can't buy an inventory program but I have no idea how to make what we need happen with the use of Access. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it more than I could ever explain!! I am not a total idiot when it comes to computers, I just have never used Access before. I was just hired and the fall semester starts in a couple weeks and the existing system is a total mess of individual Excel sheets that are not automated and terribly ineffecient.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    How about starting with a template that is pretty close to what you want?
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...i:TC010206883|

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.