Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sergran is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Backup

Hi to everyone. I need your help in anticipation for a matter of transparency that are denied with your programming. I would like to know if it was possible to obtain that every record containing data from a database would be inserted one record at a time in a different table. I will give you an example.
    If i have a database composed of record 1.2.3.4 i would like to get four different tables containing the record 1, the record 2 etc etc, a record for table i hope was clear and that it is achievable. Ciao and thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    That is not clear but is probably achievable. Just don't understand your data well enough.

Why is this needed?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hello, thank you but i have found a codcie vba that allows me to do the work on power point. If you want i am sending you the code. With print Union amount data on Power Point ( which was then the file final ) Thanks Hello

hello In practice i would need to export each record contained in a table in individual tables all of which should contain this record

June7 is online now VIP
    You have solution?

I still don't understand what you are doing.

May be a language barrier here.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

In practice, I was wondering if it was possible to export individual records in multiple tables, each of which must contain a record. Let me give an example. Let's assume that I have a data table containing 3 record and one field names:
    1 record -> Luca
    2 records -> Marco
    3 records -> John
    I would need them to be created 3 database access and all'intenro of each database, a table containing the records exported
    Here's what I would get
    database access 1 -> Table 1 -> 1 record containing the name Luca
    database access 2 -> Table 1 -> 2 record containing the name Marco
    database access 3 -> Table 1 -> 3 records containing the name John

Let me explain my request .... a colleague of mine working on Access, a day for whatever reason is not able to open a database + consequently losing a large number of data. The absurd thing is that he had also made copies of the most recent backup but he has not + open.
    I hope I was clear in explaining
    thanks
    Hello

June7 is online now VIP
    If you know the exact names to use as filter criteria, run MAKE TABLE sql actions.

A VBA procedure could definitely create a table for each distinct name encountered in the original table.

Not understanding how that helps your colleague with their issue.

Hello, I do not need to be named with the names of the tables present in the source table. To me it is enough that the databases created were numbered and that each database contains a record of the source table.

June7 is online now VIP
    I did not mean the tables would be named with names from the source table, name the tables whatever you want. Code can create tables of records for each distinct name found in the source table.

Just do not understand how splitting up a table resolves issue. Seems it will cause more problems later.

It is perfect .... I say that this would serve as a backup. In practice, if it happens that the database (as happened to my colleague) should fail impendentone the opening, I will be able to recreate it by bringing together the various records. What I could use is that either the table or the database were appointed by the record ID
    Thank you very much

June7 is online now VIP
    If you are using autonumber field as linking primary/foreign key to relate parent and child tables, this 'backup' concept will be tricky at best and fail altogether at worst.

The record also contains a text field containing an ID (I did not use the meter as a function)
    I attach an example so I can explain.
    The mdb called "source" contains the table containing all records, while the mdb "0001" and "0002" and what I would get
    Thanks much
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    You want to save data out to separate database files? Never heard of anything like this. Seems like you are making life harder with this idea. Why not just create a backup file of the original database?

It is exact ... I know it may sound absurd but as I speigato before, happened to my colleague who has ruined the access database and also saved with the backup copy you do not know for what reason (I think the same reason that ruined the original was also damaged the backup copy) there were no more open resulting in loss of data ... a disaster. For this reason, although make periodic backup (I may be paranoid) I'd rather find a way to copy a record for mdb that I can gather in a case similar to what happened to my colleague

June7 is online now VIP
    That event might have been freakish and will never happen again in which case your new approach is over-reaction and an overkill solution. So be it. If you want it, it can be done. Here is an example from my db where I create a new db file, create tables in it, and populate the tables.

Public Sub ConstructionExtract()
    'exports data to ConstructionExtract Access file
    Dim strExtract As String
    Dim Catalog As Object
    strExtract = gstrBasePath & "Program\Editing\ConstructionExtract.accdb"
    'delete the existing db
    If Dir(strExtract) <> "" Then Kill strExtract
    'create new database
    Set Catalog = CreateObject("ADOX.Catalog")
    Catalog.Create "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & strExtract & ";"
    Set Catalog = Nothing
    'import tables to the ConstructionExtract Access file
    CurrentDb.Execute "SELECT * INTO Bituminous IN '" & strExtract & "' FROM ConstructionBIT;"
    CurrentDb.Execute "SELECT * INTO BituminousMD IN '" & strExtract & "' FROM ConstructionBMD;"
    CurrentDb.Execute "SELECT * INTO Concrete IN '" & strExtract & "' FROM ConstructionCONC"
    CurrentDb.Execute "SELECT * INTO Emulsion IN '" & strExtract & "' FROM ConstructionEMUL;"
    CurrentDb.Execute "SELECT * INTO PGAsphalt IN '" & strExtract & "' FROM ConstructionPG;"
    CurrentDb.Execute "SELECT * INTO SoilsAgg IN '" & strExtract & "' FROM ConstructionSA;"
    CurrentDb.Execute "SELECT * INTO SampleInfo IN '" & strExtract & "' FROM ConstructionSampleInfo;"
    End Sub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.