Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Moridan is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by amrut View Post
    Sorry to sneak in. Ruralguy is already helping you. Can you do a simple test ? Open the form with "Allow additions" set to No.
    Set Allow Additions to No, re-opened form through Switchboard (Open Form in Add Mode), made a change in an entry for the selected project that was already in the table, tabbed to the next block, closed the form (Button, Form Operations, Close Form), and the changed field and the blank entry still saved to my table. 9-(

Thanks again for the help!

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Moridan View Post
    Looking at the subform events, everything is blank except Time Interval: 0 and Key Preview: No, both of which I am pretty sure are irrelevant to my problem 9-)
    I agree. How about the MainForm? I have to go to a meeting and will be gone for several hours. I'll check in when I get back. The important thing to remember is that Access will not save a record unless it is Dirty. Have you done a Compact and Repair? Something other than Access is causing this action unless your Access is corrupt.

The main form is the same. Did a Compact/Repair and no change. A few other things to note in testing. Even though I set the Allow Additions to No, I am still getting a Blank Entry on my subform. When I edit data on the form, it updates the table where the data is stored as soon as I tab to the next field. If I open the edit form and select the project that has data to be edited, and then I immediately close the form, it will still save a blank entry in my table. Something else to throw in the mix: in my Edit Entry form, I have it setup so that you select the Project that you want to edit from a List box and have a macro set to Requery the data.

I have no idea how this could have gotten dirtied up. What other reasons could cause the table to be updated immediately?

Does the SubForm save a blank record when you open it by itself?

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Does the SubForm save a blank record when you open it by itself?
    If I open up the database from scratch and then open the Update Subform, it has the information in it from the last Query result, which in this case would be every entry in the last month. This is filtered by the list box selection to display only those entries under the same project as the selected project.

Blah. So, when I open the subform by itself, it does show a blank entry at the bottom but if I tab through it and even save the form, it does NOT add a blank record to the table.

How do you affect the ListBox filter?

A lot of the help I received previously can be found here: https://www.accessforums.net/access/...tml#post171261

Otherwise, the list box is based upon my table with all of my Projects. The user selects the project from the list and the macro set to Requery once its selected, brings up all of the updates made within the last 30 days.

Is that what you mean?

Thanks again!

Yes that is what I mean, thanks. I know it is difficult but somehow we need to see that macro. One option for viewing is to convert it to code and post the code but *don't* save the form so you macro will still be preserved.

The macro was developed through this forum here: https://www.accessforums.net/access/...tml#post169644

Is it Friday yet? 9-)

Almost! Paul knows his stuff but I'd still like to see how that macro is constructed.

Ok, I think I got confused some working on other stuff here at work. The second forum post that I linked above was concerning a multi-select list box that was done through VB code, but it is not used on this form. I used that on my report function where I wanted supervision to be able to select multiple Branches to do a report on.

So let me take a step back. You asked about how I affect the List Box filter. The selection is made from a standard List Box (Form Control) which is fed by a table listing all of the Projects being worked on. The only macro relating to that is one that requerys the data (Action: Requery, Argument: qryeditsubform).

Sorry for the confusion. Just got back from a 3hr meeting and my brain is hurting atm.

So there's a button to requery the SubForm or is that in the AfterUpdate event of the ListBox? Can you post the SQL for the Record Source of the SubForm please?

The macro is set as an After Update event on the List Box.

I wish I could post information directly about the DB but it's on a separate network. The record source of the subform is a table where all of the updates are stored (from another function within the database). There isn't any code involved with doing this. On the Edit form, you select the Project from the List box which then looks to the associated Query to display the information in a continuous form view.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you might mean.

Thanks again for the help!

The Record Source of the SubForm is a *table* and not a query? Are you using the Link fields of the SubFormControl to filter the results of the SubForm?

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    The Record Source of the SubForm is a *table* and not a query? Are you using the Link fields of the SubFormControl to filter the results of the SubForm?
    Sorry for the confusion. The record source of the subform is a query, which information comes from a table where all of the updates are stored. The query is a pretty standard query that checks for input date of Updates compared to the current date. On the main Edit Update form, a user selects the Project (from a list box - Record Source -> Projects) and the macro Requerys and only the entries for the related Project are displayed in the subform.

Does that make sense? 9-)

I really wish I could just port this db. sigh.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.