Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hawkdriver is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Hi June, I am still stuck on copying the records over after creating the buildings for the new record. My biggest issue is that I want to copy over the records and not just the chambers. Going on your first solution, that looks directly at the lookup table and copies all the buildings over. The problem I have is after this. I need it to copy the information for each chamber and put it in the already created correct buildings. I have created a query that uses the ID on the TestData table and returns all the right records, but linking that to the buildings seems to be further than my skillset. Thanks for your ideas, I am further along than I was originally.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How can you link chambers with buildings? Chambers table does not have a field for the building ID. You say chambers that start with EN belong to bldg 1 and TTF belong to bldg 2. This means the prefix has to be extracted from the chamber name and converted to building number. This can be done by expression in a query then that query could be joined to ClimaticBldgNumbers. Except that some chamber names do not have a prefix and two chamber records don't have a name at all.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

hawkdriver is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Fixed chamber table

ClimWorkBlank.zip

I put the buildings back in the chamber table. I am not getting how to copy previous record's data along with the chamber data and match it with the building.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe if you explained what this database is for, might be able to suggest an approach to manage the data.
    Last edited by June7; 07-03-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.