Rafeke is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Multiple records from one form

Good day,

Im trying to work a DB but Im brand new to access.. so spending a LOT of time on reading your post and trying

The thing is the following.. I have a table "contracts" with several fields:

Customer name
    Product
    Price
    Delivery date

I have created a form to fill it out but I would be interested on when selling to the same customer, same product and same price for several delivery periods (ie June/July/Aug) I would like to create 1 diferent record per every month (3 in total)

Appologies if its a too naif question but cant find it anywhere.
    Thank you,
    Raph

One Way to Go About this

The more specifically you can describe the behavior you want, the better we can tell you how to do it. There are lots of ways you can set up that interface.
    One method -

Put button1 on your main form to open a "copy this order for future delivery" form.

That new form would allow you to enter up to (for instance) 5 dates, then press a button2 to clone the records.

Behind that button2, you would have VBA code that checked each of the five boxes, and if there was a valid future date there, copied the current record and inserted a new record with the new delivery date.

Before you try this, make sure you are in a "play" copy of your database, because there are infinite numbers of things that can go wrong. Once you have it working, you can copy the working form and code into the real database. (AFTER backing up the real database first!)

If this meets your needs, please mark the thread solved. If not, please ask a specific question about which pieces you need help with.

Rafeke is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Pretty new to access stuff so unfortunatelly dont really know the behavior I want, but just its final result.
    But this way might well fit my needs.
    Thank you for your time!
    Rafa

You're welcome.

When I say behavior, I mean a non-technical English explanation of the steps you want the user to go through, and what you want the system to do in response.

For instance, (option 2) you could put the future-date-entry fields on that main form, in a frameoff to the right, with a button in that frame that launches the clone. The result is a slightly different interface, with slightly different code, mno better and no worse than the other. Or (option 3) you could put a "clone this record" button on your main form, and when they press it, copy the record, but set the date on the cloned record to NULL or to the far future, and set the focus on that date so they can change it to what they want. Any of those behaviors can be coded, at about the same level of difficulty.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.