Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The main report RecordSource shows a circular relationship. The join between TblEmpLicInfo and TblEmpTraining appears unnecessary, even if the query works, this join is not needed.

There is a circular relationship set in the table Relationships with TblEmpTraining, TblEquip, TblMasterDriver. Circular relationships might cause issues. Review: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...atabase-Design

Try with Operators's ID Card report: Move the employee header controls to the Page header, set it as visible. Remove the employee and equipment groupings. Set sorts by EmpNameCombined and EquipmentType. Set Detail section NewColOrRow property to None. Set Columns to 2 at 3" width, snake down then across.

Doesn't seem to be sorting on EquipmentType, either on the ID or the descriptor from TblEquip. I included TblEquip in the RecordSource (joined to TblEmpTraining only).
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

FranCorona is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    OMG! That was so simple! What the heck! LOL I was making it much more difficult.....Thank you so very much! That worked perfectly! I don't remember now why I did the grouping in the first place.....You have been a great help to me, I have learned a lot while working on this project. Now maybe I can call it finished.... Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Hello, it's me....again....LOL Ok. It works, but only correctly when you type in an employee number and print that one record. If you click the run report button with the combo box blank it is supposed to print all records, well it does, but it also is duplicating the equipment. This is happening on all of my reports. Is this because of the circular refrence you were talking about? Keep in mind that it only happens when I click the run command button with the combo box blank. I know, I am a pain but I really do appreciate all your help. Also about that circular reference; I need those three tables to have a relationship in order to update correctly don't I? Thanks again and have a great day!

June7 is offline VIP
    Not sure about the circular reference design and whether you really need it. I am inclined to say it is not needed. I've never had need for anything like that.

The equipment isn't duplicated. It seems the Detail section is not being restricted by the operator ID and just lists all records continuously.

I had to restore the employee group section (don't need any controls in there but if you do put them back in there they will repeat over each column), include section footer and set ForceNewPage property to AfterSection.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

When I restore the employee group section and include the section footer and set ForceNewPage to AfterSection it puts one piece of equipment on each page, it no longer lists all on one page. It is strange that it is not restricting it to the one employee....I don't understand why it's doing that ding dang it! I am still playing with it....I am going to try to see if has to do with the circular reference......

I almost got it! On the training reports it works and almost on the operator's ID card too! LOL I grouped on empbadgenum because I figured out that it was combining records on the training report based on the last name, which like I said worked for the training reports. But when I try on the operator's ID card, it works for the first record but then combines the rest. What I did was group on empbadgenum and sort by emplastname but put the sort on top of the grouping and assigned the force new page after section of the group footer, which worked perfectly for the training report but not the operator's ID card.....maybe it's something with the query....oh yea I took out the relationship between equiptype and master driver also....

June7 is offline VIP
    I don't have your latest version. The edits I described work with the earlier posted version.

Report Problem

Licensing Database 17 July 2013 - TestCopy.zip Ok here is the database that I did the following to:
    Try with Operators's ID Card report: Move the employee header controls to the Page header, set it as visible. Remove the employee and equipment groupings. Set sorts by EmpNameCombined and EquipmentType. Set Detail section NewColOrRow property to None. Set Columns to 2 at 3" width, snake down then across.
    Then I went in and deleted the relationship between the master driver table and the equip type table as well as the equip type column in the master driver table. Then I:
    I included TblEquip in the RecordSource (joined to TblEmpTraining only).
    Then:
    I had to restore the employee group section (don't need any controls in there but if you do put them back in there they will repeat over each column), include section footer and set ForceNewPage property to AfterSection.
    (I didn't put controls in) I tried first with the sorts then without - no difference. I put a total in the group footer to show how many pieces of equipment are supposed to be there for each employee and you will see that number at the end of the sections. It's like it's keeping the sections together on the same page for some reason instead of going to the next page.....thank you again and again for all your help with this ding dang thing!

June7 is offline VIP
    Re: Operator's ID Card. Difference between the report versions is you now have tblEquip in the RecordSource, which seems unneeded. However, removing it does not fix the report. The new version is not showing all operators although their equipment does list but on another operator's page. I don't know why this version isn't working. The earlier one does.

Suggest you import the report from the earlier version and do the suggested edits. If it works, then delete the faulty version.

BTW, suggest no spaces or special characters/punctuation (underscore is exception) in names.

You were right! There was something wrong with the newer version, which is wierd....but it seems to be working now that I used the older version and performed the changes. Thank you again! You really are THE BEST!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.