EmmieAccess is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Having difficulty displaying records relating to one employee at a time

Hi there,

I am very very new to Access, so please forgive me if anything I type does not make sense!

I am currently creating a DB for a Customer Service team so management can keep track of who is skilled in what area, sick days, holidays etc. I have created three tables so far as follows:
    EmployeeT with a primary key 'EmployeeID'

SickT with a primary key of 'SickID' and a foreign key of 'EmployeeID' linking to the EmployeeT (Reason behind this is that I may have multiple records for one Employee, meaning I would need a unique identifier)
    SkillT with a primary key of 'EmployeeID' linking into the EmployeeT (Only possible to have one skill record linked to one employee)

Set up relationships as follows:

One EmployeeT to one SkillT
    One EmployeeT to many SickT

I then created a blank form and used Tab Control.

On the first page I was able to populate the page with all the Employee info.
    On the second page I was able to populate with all the skills relevant to the initial employee.
    Then I tried populating sick records relating to the employee on a third page, but that's a no go. I was considering putting a subform on this page, but I wouldn't know where to even start with that.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I've been given this task by my manager and I'm super keen to prove I can do it. Thanks a mil, everyone!!

Beetle is offline Unrelatable
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    SkillT with a primary key of 'EmployeeID' linking into the EmployeeT (Only possible to have one skill record linked to one employee)
    So if Employee A has the skill "Advanced Widget Maker", no other employee can have that skill? That seems highly unusual.

On the second page I was able to populate with all the skills relevant to the initial employee.
    This contradicts your previous statement.

Then I tried populating sick records relating to the employee on a third page, but that's a no go. I was considering putting a subform on this page, but I wouldn't know where to even start with that.
    When creating forms in a one-to-many scenario, the many side does need to go in a sub form. However, it is important to make sure the table structure is correct before you worry about forms. If you design your forms based on a faulty table structure it will all be wasted time and effort because you will have to redesign them after correcting the table structure.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.