tguitard is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Assigning a variable

Hello! I am VERY new to Access so bare with me as I try to ask a complicated question that will hopefully be easily understood.
    I have to create a database that will enable 5 different users to log into a form or a series of forms at any given time and answer approximately 300 questions. They are doing a quality review and have a series of questions to answer. I would need the user to login, input reviewID number and some basic information related to the review and then be presented with a series of questions. For each answer, I need the userID and reviewID linked to the answer without having to re-input their userID/reviewID each time so that it populates each record.
    In the end, I need to be able to pull all the answers and link them to the user ID and reviewID. Can I assign a variable that will link to all of the answers. Kind of like that a shopping cart, you log in and everything enter is linked to the user. I hope this makes sense.

Beetle is offline Unrelatable
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I am VERY new to Access
    If you're also new to relational databases in general then the first thing you should do is some research on normalization and proper table structure in a rdbms. There is a good tutorial on the basics here. This is about table structure, not variables.

There is a good example of a survey type database here.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.