ronlosangeles is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Labels Trim #error

I have been using Access for at least a decade. I don't know what is going on. I do not know ANYTHING about programming language...

All I do is use the wizards to create tables, queries etc.

I have created a label report....from a query.....but when I try to open the label report to view the finished labels.....ready to print...... I see a page full of #error all over the page.
    No names, no addresses, no city, no nothing.

I find posts / internet links that say it has something to do with trim..... but I don't understand.

I don't know why this is happening and can't find a post that explains IN SIMPLE LANGUAGE how to correct it. I went to a couple links...and followed directions...but it didn't help.
    Thanks in advance for help.

Ron

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    We need something to analyse.

Provide sample data, the report RecordSource sql statement for starters. If you want to provide db, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ronlosangeles is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Not technical here.

sample data: you mean fields? first name, last name, address, unit, city, state, zip These are from a Query,,,,which is from a Table (a list of names and addresses)

report RecordSource sql statement........ Unfortunately this might as well be written in French. I have no idea what that means.

I am using Wizards to create labels..... after creating the labels....... when I try to open them a box opens which says "trim"........ I don't know what that means..... so I click OK and get a page full of errors where names and address (labels) should be.

I went to Control Source and added the letter "L" in the line......as instructed by a link I found online....not on this site......but it didn't solve the issue.....

Thanks for trying to help.
    ron

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I never use the wizards.

Open report in Design View. Look at property sheet Data tab. What is in the RecordSource property?

Again, if you want to provide db ...
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.