Neophite is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Using Combobox name selection in Login form to update fields in LoginEvent table

Howdy Pros from Dover,

I have a login form with a combobox which derives its list of values from an EmployeeRecord table (i.e., last name, first name, securityID, job grade and record number): only the last name and first name appear in the list. (I swiped some VB code for a multiuser login form and routine from several previous posts.) After it performs the security validation/authorization, it then opens a navigation control form based upon the user's job grade. It runs after the click button event. To this I would like to update another table, LoginEvent, with the last name, first name and record number from the combobox selection, and also add the time and date of the click.

So, this is my first Access DB, and I am swimming, perhaps drowning, trying to figure this out, referencing Step by Step Access 2010, Access 2010 Inside Out, and Acess Inside Out VBA Programming. Any suggestions on options to accomplish this?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    in the ON CLICK event of your 'login' button you can retreive the current date time with

dim CurrDateTime as date

currdatetime = now()

then do whatever you're going to do with the value (append it to a table that logs logins, for example)

Neophite is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thank you for the suggestion. I looked in the Inside Out VBA Programming book and found Append and TempVar. Both look like a possible solutions. Now comes the hard part of getting them into the code I previoiusly swiped -- baby steps. Thanks again.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.