justphilip2003 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Malfunctioning forms when loaded from switchboard

I have a db that I added a switchboard to; it has 6 buttons, the first 4 work correctly. The remaining 2 buttons, Btn5 and Btn6 load forms "Gallery" and "Beginner_Pics" that display pictures. These 2 forms work perfectly when I load them directly. These Forms do not pause for a comboBox selection to be made; they act as though a selection was made ending with my error message display. No subsequent ComboBox selections work thereafter. At first I thought the Switchboard was loading old Forms, since the Switchboard was developed before the last two forms were totally debuged, but all old Forms have all been deleted. I do not know where to look for the problem Switchboard or the errant forms. Is it possible I need an "On Load" Event Procedure to force a ComboBox selection? TIA Phil

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    if the display of the form relies on a selection from a combo box then you do likely have to select something. If your default state is 'look at everything' then no you likely do not need to select anything. Without knowing the exact setup of the two forms you're having trouble with I can't tell you much more but if each form displays one picture at a time based on what you choose then the best thing to do is force a choice in the ON OPEN event.

Thanks for the reply! I suspected something was needed in an "On Open" or 'On Load" but I can't imagine how to code it! I tried to setting the ComboBox default value to the first picture (1) but that didn't change anything. Is a macro code in the "on Open" Event Procedure the solution? Can't recall ever coding one! I'll have to experiment! TIA Phil

Strange operation! I removed message because the errant Form stoped working all together! TIA Phil

While attempting to resolve the error 2220 when accessing the beginner Form through the Switchboard, I messed something up and I can't locate the problem; this is same basic setup that I encountered in my query to Gallery form "no record returned scenario." Now I am encountering error 2220 problem (query doesn't return records in the stand alone form and w/switchboard. I attempted an autoexec macro but realized it worked for the entire db, hence I deleted it. TIA Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.