Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I fixed data and queries so I could get records.

19 files for different filter criteria! What a maintenance nightmare! How does each user get a new version of the database? Review: http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...ue-323364.html

Learning about data relationships is essential if you want to manage and modify. Your choices are to learn or pay but we really can't get you through the basics in thread discussion. Need a class or good book if you can self-teach. It may seem daunting but just takes a bit of time as learning anything new does.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

leonmc0708 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    The description you have given in that linked thread is how it worked - each person had a front end and they all linked to the back end which held all the data files.

I fear it may take me forever to learn enough to get it to work but dont want to miss the opportunities already in there (its time dependent the data as its used to mine leads and meetings for customers with mobile phone contracts which generally come up for renewal every two years) which has been worked for hte last three/four years.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    The difference is that all my users have a copy of the same frontend file, the queries are not customized for each user. Same revision replaces each user copy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.