Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GraeagleBill is offline Experienced Old Geezer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    I was able to update the text box in the child from the parent code. I think that will be enough evidence to proceed with some code revisions in both the parent and child so that the user gets a fluid interaction without any undue clumsiness.

I'm going to leave this thread open for the rest of the evening and tomorrow. I'll post back anything I find noteworthy for the benefit of anyone that might have been following the thread.

As always, you've been a great help June.
    Bill

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I was asking you to post an example db because, as june said, I've never tried to do this and it's easier to work with an example. You can make a copy of your database and put some simple junk data in it instead of your sensitive information. The menu itself shouldn't require you to have any data in your db at all you'd just need to supply us with the instructions how to duplicate your issue (what form, where you are clicking, etc).

I'm not asking for a copy of your database, just a sample of it with no real data in it.

Okay. I've made the necessary revisions to the parent code wherein I carryout all the tasks in accordance with the user's right-click action. The bottom line on this thread is that one can in fact make appropriate changes to the RecordSource query of the child from parent code-sheet where fields of interest ARE NOT defined as expressions within the query.

If you think that it would serve to help other viewers of this thread, I will be happy to purge confidential information from the backend and post both the frontend and backend mdb's. If so, how do I do that? (Would have to be later today or this evening, Tuesday in California USA.) Might be more meaningful to post the parent code and a screenshot of the child.

Thanks to all,
    Bill

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    If you've solved the problem I don't need a copy. I was just going to mess around with it to get your desired result . It's just hard to recreate issues like yours without the original work to start with.

I understand. We'll leave it at that.
    Thanks,
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.