DarrenUD is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Yet another continuous form problem...

Hi All,

I have ran in to a problem while I was trying to automate quotation making part of the program.

What I want to achieve:

To Automate Quotation making process.

What I have done so far:

I have a continuous from and in the form header section I have text boxes and combo boxes to filter the data I want to send to the quotation (report). at the bottom I have Unit Price Quantity and Total Text box fields to calculate Quotation price for each item. What I want to do is that, I want to select the products from the continuous form and send the selected items to the Quotation report. But, because it is a continuous form, when I change the Unit price and Quantity in one section it will effect all the records on the form.

How can I have fields that will only change the prices for particular product in a continuous form? or do I have to do this in Report view in Reports?

And I understand, in order to select the products I want from the continuous from I have to include a new field in my products table.

Please Help....

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Need fields in table to save quantity as well as either the price or record ID of ProductPrices table, then bind textbox/combobox to those fields.

Are you saving the quote data to a Quotes table are are you just editing the same records again and again in Products table?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

DarrenUD is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I was initially thinking about making a quotes table but then again I thought Quotation can be different each time so just include main product details and change the price and quantity instead. Guess I have to make a table anyway. or is it better to do it in a report (in report view mode) than a form and them print the records to a report? hmmm....

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    The question is not whether or not to use a report, it should be a report regardless of how you handle the data. The question is do you want to save each quote? If yes, then need a table Quotes and the info selected to create a quote document will be saved as a record. This was what I wanted clarified by the question in my previous post. Do you already have a table for Quotes? And if each quote can have multiple line items, then could also need a related child table QuoteDetails.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.