Stephanie53 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

how to open in Form to not show Previous or Start with First Item on list...

Ok Let me explain further...

I have emported from Excel lets call it Table A. It has all the info needing to put in the form....

Now here is my question...

When I create a Quiery on it and then create the Form from there and then open the Form it always shows the first item on the list.

What I want it to do is: Show NEW to create be able to generate a choice from the cbo's that I have created.

Is there a code I need to put in when opening form that it only shows nothing there so that the Sales dept can select from the Combo box that I have created?

TIA :-))

Stephanie

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You can set form DataEntry property to Yes and form will always open to new record and will not display existing records. No code required.

However, if you want to be able to navigate existing records, use code in form Load event to move to new record:

DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, Me.Name, acNewRec
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ok let me ask this question....they want to be able to record all dataentries made by the sales team..

but I dont want them messing around with the original table as that will only throw off the info created for them to look up from those tables...

So I been making these tables (this is example)

HOSES
    tblROT_5K_Hoses (imported in from Excel)
    tblMstrROT_5K_Hoses (created in Access relationship to tblROT_5K_Hoses and all new records get recorded here)
    qryMstrROT_5K_Hoses (created in Access and relationship is with tblMsterROT_5K_Hoses)
    frmMstrROT_5K_Hoses (created in Access and relationship to qryMstrROT_5K_Hoses)

now my question is this...I have all these other Subparts that is related to these hoses in some way (already created under Hoses and named Field for their part# as PrimaryID) and all the Subparts for this one hose should generate after putting in the main hose the selection of the Subparts (Have already created Table that has PrimaryID and SubpartsID for relationship purposes). but I am finding out that each Subpart I have to create the same as above..and this is what is taking me so long...is there an easier way to do this so when they put in the PrimaryID and they are done with that row that it would automaticall go on to the next row for them to chose the Subparts? Or do I need to create a form for each individuale type of part(the type of parts can be approximately 10-20 choices) so it can be recorded too for inventory purposes?

June7 is offline VIP
    You want value entered in field of a record to carryover to the next record? One way to accomplish is with code that sets the DefaultProperty of the control.

In the BeforeUpdate event of the control:

Me.controlname.DefaultProperty = Me.controlname
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

now do i do this with each step until the last part is ordered for the hose?

June7 is offline VIP
    Sorry, I don't understand your data and form behavior to advise. No idea what 'each step' means.

i sent you a private message...and you will understand why when you read it...

June7 is offline VIP
    I have your db. Identify the specific forms involved in this issue.

I have updated the DB...

I have added more and the form I am needing help with is frmCustBillTo

I want to be able to add the sales dept names from Employees, and I want to be able to when they select a Hose by the PrimaryID that the Subparts will only show the accessories with that PrimaryID

Then I want to be able to submit it to quote with one total price and not each individual price of every part

I havent made the quote form yet because I am stuck on this...

This prolly all has to do with my relationships and queries?? I need to figure out what PK and what FK will work for all of this..

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.