bbron is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Help building the detavase

Hello,

I am very new to MS Access, but I want to open an online store so I started learning the program,
    I found alot of tutorials, but I still have one Big problem, I don't know how to organize my data (How much tables to make).
    I want to keep a record of every product that I sell, his features, and his price from any of my suppliers (about 20).
    I don't know how to make that table in a way that I could put Camera in one record and Tablet on the other and it will work out find(because any catagory has diffrent features).
    maybe I need to split it to many tables in which I will put only one category of items?
    one more question that I have Is how can I do a field that show me suppliers price by ranking, for example, a camera that I want to sell, so I could see the cheapest supplier, and then the second cheapest, and so on.

I wondered if you could help me to find the right way to enter my data.

Thanks alot and sorry for the long description

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I recommend that you seriously consider buying into some service that builds and maintains websites. I also think that you should focus on the the real business facts about the business you envisage. And get the business side figured out in a little more detail before dealing with the design and building a database by yourself.
    Also if this intended to be something on the internet, then Access is probably the wrong product and approach. There are commercial suppliers offering to build websites with an e-commerce theme that you could buy into, or build your own in time. But you have to figure out in more depth, what your business is, who your clients are, what products/services you sell, and how you do the financial transactions.

I really am not trying to dissuade you, I'm trying to point out that there are aspects to your post that do not seem to have been considered.

Good luck.
    Last edited by orange; 03-18-2013 at 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling

bbron is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thank you very much for the answer,
    I know what my database should contain, but I don't know exactly how to do it,
    I don't know if I should normalize it or not.
    I will appreciate if you could tell me where can I learn acsses better.

Thanks alot

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.