BobsWright is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Problem with date format in access 2010

I am having a problem with the date function in access 2010. The default format is Date/Time "General" but the sample on the right side just shows a number (17). The field goes blank on any date I enter. I have to manually format the date field with mm/dd/yy to show the dates in the date field. Any ideas of what is going on or ways to fix so that I don't always have to manually format the date. The long and medium dates are the only two from the drop down list that show dates properly. The rest all have numbers in the sample. (either a 17 or a 5)

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Never seen this. Is the field set as a Date/Time datatype?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

BobsWright is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Part of the Microsoft basic training course that I am taking in "Beginner skills in Microsoft Access" required me to download the "Events" database template and import an excel spreadsheet supplied by them. I searched high and low for a repair or assistance because I could not import any excel spreadsheet data from any source. Microsoft wanted more than $200.00 to provide any assistance to me because my product ID had expired. Why would I do that when I could purchase a new office 2010 for $90.00? A little while later in the lessons, I was asked to download the same template and import different data. This time it worked and I am now able to import any excel data and the bonus to this story is that the date formats are all now back to normal as well. To make a long story short, both of my issues that I have posted here have been solved. I guess the downloaded file must have been corrupted to start with and that screwed up Access for me for a while. To answer your question the field was set to date/time datatype.I would say that my issues are solved but I don't know how to do it.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks for the followup. I have marked solved with the Thread Tools dropdown located above the first post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.