rohitsinha is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Updating the field in the master table depending on changes in a weekly table

I have a master table, lets call that mtb1

mtb1 has fields such as datestarted, dateended, drug, gcncode, uniquememberid

I get a weekly file, which is say weeklyt (table) with the same fields as mtb1

Can you help me with a query where if for the same member, I get a weekly table with a different dateended than the master file (all other fields being the same), I can update that record in the master file and also highlight those ones which are updated in mtb1, considering the master file has 30000 entries, and the weekly will have like 300 entries?

Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Use query designer to builde an UPDATE query. Pull both tables into the query and join on however many fields need to identify unique record in mtb1. Probably need to join on uniquememberid, datestarted, drug, gcncode. Then update mtb1 dateended with weeklyt dateended.

What do you mean by 'highlight'. You can filter query that joins the two tables.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Your best bet with highlighting is to add a Date/Time Field to your Table and, whenever you update a Record, you modify the Timestamp. Then, on the Form/Report, you can use Conditional Formatting to color any Record with a Timestamp within the last week.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.