Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Report data changing in export to Excel

Hi All,

I am having a very odd problem. My dBase is primarily utilized via forms to enter data and reports that present that data. In most cases these reports get exported to Excel for additional manipulations as well as sharing with employees who are not on site and cannot utilize a front end database since they cannot connect to the back end database. Just recently I noticed that one report (I hope it is just this one) is presenting incorrect data once it is exported to Excel. It is only one specific field that is doing this and I hope there is something in the report or field properties that I can simply modify. The field combines two fields in the parent table like so (=[ProbationTerm] & " " & [ProbationYear]) and when the report is run I get the following output for that field

Spring 2013
    Spring 2013
    Spring 2013
    Spring 2013
    Winter 2013
    Spring 2013
    Winter 2013

However, when I export to Excel the above field display as

Spring 2013
    Spring 2013
    Spring 2013
    Spring 2013
    Spring 2013
    Spring 2013
    Spring 2013

You see the difference. The really odd thing is that if I simply print the report, or export to PDF, the data remains un-compromised. Anyone have any thoughts on what might be running amok?

In case it helps, the SQL query for the report's record source is below:
    SELECT ProbTracker.SMARTID, ProbTracker.ProbationTerm, ProbTracker.ProbationYear, ProbTracker.TermGPA, ProbTracker.CumGPA, ProbTracker.ProbType, ProbTracker.Notes, ProbTracker.CaseInProg, ProbTracker.CaseStatus, [Last Name] & ', ' & [First Name] AS PartName, PartInfo.Cohort, PartInfo.[Awardee Type], PartInfo.[Sponsoring Service], PartInfo.[STEM Discipline], PartInfo.School, PartInfo.[Degree Grad Date], PartInfo.Degree
    FROM PartInfo INNER JOIN ProbTracker ON PartInfo.[Smart Id] = ProbTracker.SMARTID
    WHERE (((ProbTracker.[CaseInProg])='Yes'));

Thanks!
    Ryan

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Try doing the concatenation in query instead of textbox on report as done with the name fields. Apparently no issue with export of the concatenated name fields.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks June! That seems to have done the trick. I know I originally had them concatenating in the query but for some reason that was causing problems. In retrospect it probably had to do with the fact that I also define the record source a second time in an On Open event (filtering my records).

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.