wjmalique is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Exclamation Form with Many Combobox --> One Query

Hello Access Forum world. I'm very new to Access and this is my first time posting on any type of forum... ever. Please bear with me.

I have a built a form (
    frm_complaints) which has 3 combo boxes:

Cmb_QA Select Manager Responsible from drop-down
    Cmb_Supplier Select Supplier from drop-down
    Cmb_Product Select Product from drop-down

There are also two textboxes on the form specifying a (from) and (to) date for the date range.

A query called
    qry_Complaints feeds into a subform called sbfrm_complaints which is on the same form and displays all of the complaints pertaining to the items selected in the combo boxes above. I have already entered the combo boxes as criteria in the query each in separate lines.

PROBLEM:
    The query is not understanding how to read multiple criteria. It only reads the most recent combobox selected and displays all records for one combobox at a time. If I want to select complaints for manager John Doe and product French Fries, it will only show me complaints for John Doe. Then, if i decide to enter a date range, it ignores all other combobox and only shows everything for that date range.

I have been on so many forums over the past one week and tried my best to look for an answer and I really can't. Hoping someone can help me. I would greatly appreciate any help. I'm not a very techy (that's not a word) girl but I'm trying my best to perform at my job and I'm super duper stuck. Thank you and bless you all.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    You have told us about a form, but you haven't mentioned your database; your tables; the relationships between tables....
    If we are going to help you, we're going to have to understand your set up and your business problem. And the only way we can understand is by your telling us exactly what you are trying to do. You're the only one who knows your set up and needs, so tell us all you can in plain English.
    Once readers understand what you are trying to do, they will supply you with options, ideas, references.....

Good luck, and welcome to AccessForums.

Re:

I apologize. I will try my best to explain what I have.

The database behind this is a table called
    tbl_complaints. This contains all of the fields that contain the criterion as specified by the combo boxes I listed above. The table has the columns of Manager Responsible, Supplier, Product, Date, Summary of Complaint, Complaint Category, etc. This is the only table.

Windows XP Access 2003

I have read up on normalization and seen a few examples. The database table of complaints is a file that is updated automatically monthly that I can not change. For business purposes I have to keep it as it is and not duplicate the data in any other format anywhere else for reporting risk. I did run the idea by my team lead.
    Is there any way of setting up the criteria in the query itself?

Windows XP Access 2003

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.