gbarrows is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Importing Excel Not working. Please help.

I am a beginner (non VBA) using MSAccess 2010 SP1. For a few years, I have created my db structures in Excel and imported them into Access using External Data -> Excel. Worked great.

Just recently this has stopped working. The modal "Get External Data = Excel Spreadsheet" pops up, however the title "Select the Source of the data" does not have the orange decorative background, the browse button reacts to the mouse click, but the browse window does not open to allow the selection of an Excel file. If there is a table in the Access database, it is not seen in the dropdown when selecting the second Radio button (Append a copy of the records to the table And, as expected, the OK button is greyed out. The modal may be closed using the CANCEL button.
    NOTE: Of the other import options, Text File, Html Document, Outlook Folder, and dBase file are also haviong this same problem. Importing from Access, ODBC Database, XML File, Sharepoint List, and Data Services appear to be working correctly.

I have tried to reinstall (Repair) Office 2010 use the SP1 install to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try to get the Excel import working?

GB

Any suggestions? This is still not working. Can someone suggest what might cause this anomoly?
    THanks in advance.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    That's definitely an install issue. If the Repair option didn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Office.

Also, although I'm fairly sure support for importing from Excel is built-in, you may want to do a Custom install just to make sure you're not missing an Import add-in when you install Access.

Thanks for the info. Since it had been working for a few months (years), I leaned to something other than an install issue. Have a feeling some other install/update may have messed with the Office install.
    I will attempt the suggested uninstall/install and report back.

Thanks again.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.