Jemmons1990 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Creating database. New information will be used every month.

Hello all,

I have come to realize that my needs in my Access database will require me to make a new table every month with new information. I need my reports and forms to stay static so that I am not having to create new forms and reports each month. How would I do this? Is this where relationships come into play?

Justin
    Exel Supervisor

recyan is offline Expert
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Off the cuff,
    have fields Month and Year in the table.
    If you provide more details about what you are doing & why you think you need to have a table for each month,
    some one should be able to help you.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    As recyan pointed out, have more fields in table then use those fields to apply filters for report. Review http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...mtoreport.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Jemmons1990 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I am creating a database for work. The forklift operator's write down various codes for when they stop working for various reasons. This may include labeling tires, fixing a location, training someone new. In all there are about 14 different codes. Our goal is to be able to manage these codes and see who is using them TOO much and help them cut down that wasted time in not being productive. We use a system called Red Praire and Citrix, not sure if you are familiar. I have created a small database already for the first month (January). It has worked out well. My issue now is that I have realized I would have to run a report in Red Praire for each month, save it as an excel file then import into access. I would have to do this each month or week, whatever interval of time we decide to run the access report. There has to be an easier way to doing all this.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Don't know Red Prairie nor Citrix. If you want to continue with these apps and Access cannot link to their data, then don't see alternative to Excel as middle man.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.