jlm722 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Question storing and printing on a pdf

The state I live in, Tennessee, has a pdf of a "noting of lein" for a vehicle. The pdf is not fillable. Currently, I printed the pdf, scanned it, and saved it as an image on a report, so my db would place the necessary info on the image, so it appears that it's been typed in. However, it looks horrible. If i scan it in a high resolution where it looks better, it really increases my db size, and slows the report down tremendously. IS THERE ANOTHER WAY to make this access 2000 db store this pdf and print it with my fields placed on it? MANY thanks in advance! p.s. I have built software for doing title loans, and I use this db to print the contracts etc. I'm just trying to make this noting of lien pdf, print filled out

SoftwareMatters is offline Access VBA Developers
    Windows XP Access 2003
    It depends on how complex the pdf is - if it's quite simple then the best way would probably be to re-create the pdf in Access as a report and then print it to pdf afterwards. If it is complex then you could re-create it in Word and then do a mailmerge to get your data in to it.

dcrake is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    We have discussed this on AWF, however you did not say how you embedded it into your report can you post a copy of the high res image to play with?

David

jlm722 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    OK, I don't mean to be so confusing. I think sometimes I explain my problems incorrectly. I simply want to be able to store a pdf file and have an access report print it. Instead of creating a report that places the info in the correct place and having the user insert a blank form into the printer, I want my access report to store the pdf as a background, with info placed where it needs to go. I have tried scanning it and saving as a .tif, .jpg, .bmp etc. but in order to have good detail, it has to be at such a resolution that it's an extremely huge size. The .pdf file itself isnt that big. So I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to use the pdf file. I downloaded a trial software that converts a pdf form to other formats, tif, jpg, bmp etc. But it has a watermark on it. I can tell from using the trial though, that it creates a HUGE file size that seems to slow access down terribly. This is one reason I'm trying to see if theres a way to store the pdf itself. Am I making any sense? Here is the link to the pdf I'm using. Please look at this and you'll see why I'm needing such great detail. http://www.tn.gov/revenue/forms/titlereg/notinglien.pdf

dcrake is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    See AWF for latest reply.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.