TMG is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Conversion from Excel to Access

Hello everyone.

I have a document that I am wondering if it can be converted into an Access database, how easy it will be, and if it can retain the same functionality as my current book.

Let me first explain the Excel workbook.

The book is full of formatted "documents" used to standardize our consulting process. Ther first couple of worksheets are data input areas, which later sheets pull data from.

Every sheet "pulls" information from another sheet, and some sheets have multiple sheets that they pull data from.

Most every sheet has input information, but not every sheet.

Some sheets are simply contracts that can be printed and most have calculations built in.

Now, a couple of the sheets have a large amount of data that is entered. Currently, 1 workbook is opened and saved per client. If switching to Access, here is what i am hoping to gain:

Better potential security, streamlining the processes into 1 workbook to store and pull data from when switching between companies.

I'm hoping someone can chat with me on yahoo or aim and walk me through whether this is a viable option.

I'm exceptionally versed at excel and contribute to those forums, but basically virgin with access.

needafix is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    There are a number of methods for getting data from Excel to Access but non that I know that will move the functionality. You can design a database and then upload the data but I think you will have recreate the functionality. There are a lot of advantages in doing this but it is big commitment.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.