billef32 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question Save date-specific information for a record.

In my example I want to have simple contact form (name last name phone number etc) along with a box connected to a date box in which I can add additional information for my record and it will be date-specific.

For example let's say I have a client's record. I would like to save in a box in his form all information regarding something I sell to him on a specific date.
    ie. Mr Edgar Thomas - 10/3/2012 - He bought a cat from me.
    but maybe there is another client who bought something from me the same day so each "event" must be unique and easy to identify.

ps: I am not sure if this is right but I guess that all these information must be linked to identifiers.. and their identifiers must be linked to dates. If I want to search for sales I did in specific date how would be? How the "program" would recognize more than one "records" for the same day?

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    There is a tutorial here that goes through a process to build a database. It has sample data. After the tutorial, you could go through the process with your own data.
    http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/T...lationship.zip

billef32 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question MS Access 2010 database

I will update my question in order for you guys to understand. thank you in advance

So what I want to do is to create in MS Access a simple contact database (for my clients). BUT! I want for each of my contacts (AKA records) to be able to add info assigned to dates (something like subform-record I guess) one info (note) assigned to one date for each record/client
    Example: Record 1: Bill Smith. Date 17/02/2012 note: "I got 30$" Date 18/05/2012 note: "I got 30$"
    Record 2: Spencer Williams. Date 17/02/2012 note: "I got 30$" Date 18/05/2012 note: "I got 30$" Date 19/05/2012 note: "I got 30$" and so on...
    notice that different records will give me info in the same dates sometimes.
    In conclusion I wanna make a contact database for my clients but since I am having regular dates with them I want to take notes for each client : "what date" , "how much he gave me"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.