jackrabbit1962 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Problem with paper size on a report

My Access 2010 application has many reports. On almost every report, the user can select a new paper size. This paper size is remembered, so the next time the user selects the same report, he no longer have to set the paper size (I guess this is the default behavior for Access programs).

One report does not behave properly. This report is a LEGAL size report. EVERY times the user selects this report, it prints on LETTER size, so the form is split in two pages. If the user selects teh LEGAL size paper, it works, but the next time the report defaults back to LETTER size paper.

I checked everywhere in the code, nowhere the paper size is set. In development, I selected the report, I changed the paper size to LEGAL, I ran the report. The next time I check the paper size of the report, it is back as LETTER size.

After my OpenReport statement, I tried manally setting the paper size with "Reports(xxx).Printer.PaperSize = acPRPSLegal" but my report still defaults to LETTER size paper.

I have been searching every possible solutions for the entire day and ran out of options.

I am an experienced programmer, but I am new to ACCESS programming, I did not write this application.

What I am missing?

jackrabbit1962 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Looks like nobody ever created a report in Access ???

What is is exact method I should use to define the default paper size when I develop my report?

Is there an option that allows or prevents the end user from changing that default paper size?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.