Need Reports to AutoUpdate

Okay, so I have 5 reports that I run regularly. I was able to create one reoprt with all the data and it looks okay. I copied that forum 5 times and then applied the filters to them. But when I update the field data with either new entries or change existing ones, the reports don't auto update. I need my reports to auto update in reference to table data as this would make my life so much simpler. I know this is probably SUPER simple please help... please

Oh and I also need my reports to auto-use the filters I've made for them but they always turn off and then i have to manually turn them back on. When people get the report I don't want them to have to apply any filter, I just want them to press a button, have the report sent to them the way it should look.

dcrake is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Your post is somewhat confusing? You refer to 1 report being copied to a further 5 reports. Why? Also how are you changing the data in the reports underlying data tables? Also how are you appying filters to the reports? do the filters actually work?

More info please.

David

Okay so I have my table data. It changes every day but the headers and what that data represents does not. I reimport the data into my table every day but the reports I have made do not reflect that change. I took one report from the data which basically displayed all the data and I filtered it basically by age. (The filters do not auto-apply I have to turn them on each time). The filters work after I turn them on but the reports do not reflect the data that's in the table. Every day that data changes but the report only reflects the data that was originally put in. I want the filters to remain and I want the reports to accurately display the data that I input today and not the data from before.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I understand your requirement but you have still not mentioned how you are actually applying the filters to the recordsource of the report. Are you doing this as parameters in a query? Using public variables in VBA? some other method?

David

Oh I just created the report with all of the information, copied the report, then applied a filter to each report that I copied from the filter toolbar.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Normally when you create a report the report is just a shell for the underlying query/table and will at worst show every record that exists. Now maybe you want to show only specific data at any point in time and this can vary as you may well appreciate. Sometimes it may be date related, sometimes it may be customer related, and other times it may be both. Now if we create copies of the same report to cover all possible options and applied filters to the reports then this would be a bad approach as filters can be dynamic.

So we have to condsider that the filters can be applied when the report is opened. There is a sample mdb of how to this in the, guess where, Sample Databases section. It has full documentation and is easy to follow. Take a look at this as it would not be prudent to repeat everything in this thread that is more clearly defined in the documentation. Good Reading.

David

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.